California Marriage Records
Think about these scenarios- you were about to file a divorce, or you were planning to move on to a different romantic relationship that you’ve been looking forward to, or probably you were in the process of learning more about your family history. What will be the first thing that comes into your mind as to what’s the best thing to do during one of those times? Well, perhaps the best solution that most people do is to undergo a Marriage Records Search.
This marriage record is a document that was made and kept by an authorized office or department regarding a person’s marriage and all the details that are necessary and has relevance. Perhaps every state has its own marriage record. To mention one, California Marriage Records is one the most sought after records nowadays. Although California is the largest state when it comes to population, reportedly it has the lowest marriage rate in the country and its marriage records are well maintained by the California Department of Public Health, Office of Vital Records.
Fortunately, technological advancements today have indeed paved way to a much better means of doing transactions. Procuring marriage records in California can already be done in the comfort of your own home. In fact, online retrieval is much simpler and more expedient way as the results of the record search will definitely be within your grasp in no time. Just see to it that you perform a quick background check on the record provider you are eyeing on to ensure accurate, comprehensive, and reliable results.
Here are the steps which you can follow to get a copy of a marriage record in California:
- For your entreaty to be processed, you have to secure first a request or an application form. This can be downloaded online from the Department of Public Health’s website or directly from their office.
- Fill out the request form in its entirety with the significant information required. Make sure to provide correct details as much as possible for the record to be relocated easier.
- Sign the Sworn Statement included with the application. State your relationship to the subjects named on the marriage certificate.
- Indicate in your request the exact number of copies that you would like to get. For additional copy ordered at the same time, another $14 is requisite.
- Prepare $14 for the payment of the record search. Payment should be through check or money order. Cash will not be accepted. Take note, such fee is non-refundable regardless if a record is found or not.
- Once everything is ready, send your order to the Vital Records Office together with the corresponding fee.
When filing your request for the marriage record, see to it that the guidelines imposed by the State’s Law is stictly adhered to so your entreaty will be processed.
- Only those individuals authorized by the Health and Safety Code can procure a copy of a California Marriage Certificate.
- All others may receive a Certified Informational Copy. However, it will be an informational copy which has this mark: “Informational, Not a Valid Document to Establish Identity.”
- For each marriage record request, you have to complete a separate application form.
- See to it that you provide as much information as possible for the specific marriage to be located easily.
- The Sworn Statement must be signed. If the application is submitted through mail, it must be notarized by a Notary Public. For informational copies, a Sworn Statement is no longer required.
For more information regarding California Marriage records, you can visit the following:
RECORDS MAY INCLUDE
PHONE NUMBER & EMAIL, PERSONAL DETAILS
AGE & DATE OF BIRTH, CRIMINAL RECORDS CHECK
ADDRESS HISTORY, RELATIVES & NEIGHBORS
SOCIAL NETWORKING PROFILE, AND MANY MORE
States Marriage Records
- Alabama Marriage Records
- Alaska Marriage Records
- Arizona Marriage Records
- Arkansas Marriage Records
- California Marriage Records
- Canada Marriage Records
- Colorado Marriage Records
- Connecticut Marriage Records
- Delaware Marriage Records
- District Columbia Marriage Records
- Florida Marriage Records
- Georgia Marriage Records
- Guam Marriage Records
- Hawaii Marriage Records
- Idaho Marriage Records
- Illinois Marriage Records
- Indiana Marriage Records
- Iowa Marriage Records
- Kansas Marriage Records
- Kentucky Marriage Records
- Louisiana Marriage Records
- Maine Marriage Records
- Maryland Marriage Records
- Massachusetts Marriage Records
- Michigan Marriage Records
- Minnesota Marriage Records
- Mississippi Marriage Records
- Missouri Marriage Records
- Montana Marriage Records
- Nebraska Marriage Records
- Nevada Marriage Records
- New Hampshire Marriage Records
- New Jersey Marriage Records
- New Mexico Marriage Records
- New York Marriage Records
- North Carolina Marriage Records
- North Dakota Marriage Records
- Ohio Marriage Records
- Oklahoma Marriage Records
- Oregon Marriage Records
- Pennsylvania Marriage Records
- Rhode Island Marriage Records
- South Carolina Marriage Records
- South Dakota Marriage Records
- Tennessee Marriage Records
- Texas Marriage Records
- Utah Marriage Records
- Vermont Marriage Records
- Virginia Marriage Records
- Washington Marriage Records
- West Virginia Marriage Records
- Wisconsin Marriage Records
- Wyoming Marriage Records