To access public records in New York for whatever legal purposes, you can visit the following agencies:
- – Bureau of Vital Statistics
- – State Department of Records
- – Office of the Attorney General
- – State Supreme Court
- – Circuit Clerks Offices
- – County Sheriff Association
How to procure New York public records?
- –Print an application form specific for the record you want to get.
- – Provide the complete name of the person/s named on the record, your relationship to the subject, and the reason for obtaining a copy of the record.
- – For death records, please state the complete legal name of the deceased, the date and county of death, and the social security number if known.
- – For marriage certificates, indicate the date and county where the couple tied the knot. Please include the county where the marriage license was obtained.
- – For divorce decrees, specify as to when the divorce happened and what county the divorce was filed.
- – For arrest and criminal records, specify the name of the subject, and provide as much information as you can to narrow the results.
Additional information about New York public records can be pulled through: